Please join us for our first face-to-face Partner Advisory Council meeting in Sydney. We continue to make this a collaborative forum for the most influential cybersecurity organisations within our partner community. Collectively, we will positively influence the cybersecurity marketplace for the betterment of all organisations.
Too often, the tone of cyber is negative and focused on loss of personal assets and damage to business brands and reputation. In this session, we will be joined by Simon Green, president of Palo Alto Networks JAPAC, and James Henderson, editorial director from IDG, and focus on how cybersecurity is perceived in our community.
We will discuss the current PR challenges of cybersecurity and workshop how we can begin to shine a light on the positive nature of our industry. All of us in cybersecurity have a strong community spirit and work in this industry so that we can make the world a safer place. So what is our role in changing that tone?
In the session we will:
- Cover the perception of the cybersecurity industry in the community from a vendor perspective
- Discuss how businesses can use cybersecurity as a competitive advantage
- Move the conversation beyond attack to outline areas of CISO best practice
- Review the role of the channel (i.e., vendors, distributors, partners) in driving community-based cyber initiatives
- Emphasise the rise of the CISO, a newer position in relation to the CIO, and its positive impact on the business
- Follow with a lunch at Glorietta Sydney